2018 is rapidly coming to a close and we at The Sweat Shop are serving our local community in these last few weeks of the year. If you know us you know we are Oak Cliff! Together we want to impact the lives in our community by creating a more conscious environment in all things health & wellness. We believe part of a truly healthy person is the dedication to self and those around us, especially those in need. This Christmas season we hope you’ll help us serve some of those most in need. December has arrived and we are closing the year off with gratitude & dedication.
Join us for two chances to pay it forward
Get a great sweat in and give back to our local community. Donation Collections starts Monday, December 3rd.
Drop off your donation at The Sweat Shop- 202 S Tyler St., Dallas, TX 75208
Join us for two opportunities to Give Back!
Dec 13th (7:00 p.m. Thursday, Dec 13th.) #SHE Give Back
- Donation Hiit Workout- 30 minutes of cardio and strength based workout followed by a gratitude session. This Camp will be lead by #SHE, our in house women’s group. All donations gathered will be in care packages with your handwritten note, volunteers will sign up to deliver these at a different date to local Senior Citizens in nursing homes right here in Oak Cliff.
What to donate:
Warm fuzzy socks
Individual Tissue packs
Large Print books
Dec 15th – Help a Vet Donation 90 Min Gauntlet
🏽♀️🏽♂️ Oct 15th is gets real!
90 Minute 3 tier Workout with 3 STAGES- Coaches Ruben, Slo & Jfitt bring their best!
In an effort to raise Donations for the local Homeless Veterans Service of Dallas this is a donation based boot camp.
Please bring at least 2 Items on the list below:
“Items needed For Veterans”
- Gloves & winter hats
– Canned goods such as tuna and Vienna sausage
– Cereal, individual size and large bags/boxes “Frosted Flakes are a favorite”
-Flash Drives any size (many Veterans keep all their information on flash drives)
– Gallon size zipper style baggies (to protect belongings inside backpack)
– Rain Poncho’s
– Foot Powder
– Small flashlights: hand crank, solar, battery operated.
– Batteries AA, AAA cell
– Insect Repellent
– Bus Passes (needed for Veterans with no personal transportation for Dr’s appointments, job searches, V.A. appointments, ect.)
– Gas station gift cards (needed for Veterans with transportation for Dr’s appointments, job interviews, V.A. appointments, ect.)
– Please remember ANY hygiene item or clothing item that you need on a daily basis are the same items that our homeless and at risk veterans need on a daily basis.
– $Monetary Donations$ help to purchase items in larger volume at greatly reduced prices through our networks.
Please make checks payable to:
Homeless Veterans Services of Dallas
4900 S. Lancaster Rd.
Dallas, Texas 75216
Together we can be a healthy community in every way!
*You do not have to be a member to participate.
RSVP on our Facebook Event page More info & share this page on our website to spread the word!