Did you know that in the U.S. many employers pay for your Gym Membership?!Does your employer offer an Employee Health/Wellness Program?
According to the CDC, In 2019, 84% of large employers (200 or more workers) offering health benefits offered a workplace wellness program, such as those to help people lose weight, stop smoking or provide lifestyle and behavioral coaching.
Our Client Advocate- Yvette Sanchez did some research and got her Gym Membership paid for along with an Apple watch courtesy of her employer. You can too!
Check with HR, this benefit is a usual of large employers (200 or more workers). Doesn’t hurt to ask… Here’s the next steps.
How to get help paying your Gym membership:
- Ask HR if your company has an Employee Wellness Program
- If they say “Yes”, ask for details & requirements.
- Then get with The Sweat Shop for documentation requirements to submit to your workplace.
- Yvette’s company provided a set dollar amount & she was able to submit reimbursement for a full-year gym membership, fitness equipment, and even gym shoes.
- Remember to research your benefits. Look under wellness reimbursement or ask/visit with HR.